There is no such thing as a minor car accident for those who are involved. There can be no more sickening feeling than that which accompanies the sound of two cars colliding. Its traumatic and the complications that flow from it can bamboozle you at a time when you are least able to cope with them. Try to observe the following:
- Do not panic – you are likely to be flustered and filled with adrenaline so that you can hardly think straight. It is important to try and remain calm and take stock of the situation.
- Assess any casualties – starting with yourself, check if you are injured and then check your passengers.
- Call the Gardai and the Emergency Services (if required) providing as much information as you can.
- If it is a serious accident do not move any vehicles until the Gardai have arrived and informed you that it is in order to do so. If you can, put a warning triangle on the roadway. If it is a minor accident then pull over to the left hand side as far as possible.
- Exchange motoring details – take the name, address and telephone number of the other driver, details of his/her insurance policy, vehicle registration number, car make, model and colour and also drivers licence number. They are not entitled to withhold this information.
- Photograph the car accident – with the advent of mobile phones this is easy to do.
- Discussing the specifics of the car accident – no discussion of liability needs to take place at the scene of a car crash and only discuss this with the Gardai and your insurance company.
If you are of the view that you do not have any liability for the road traffic accident you should consult your Solicitor as soon as possible after the accident. Your Solicitor will liaise with your insurance company and also with the third party’s insurers and will seek to resolve any claim on your behalf for damages be it in respect of car damage and associated losses and in respect of any personal injuries sustained. It is always advisable to consult your Solicitor.
Joseph O’Hara, Principal O’Hara Solicitors, Cross Street, Athenry, Galway
Make an Appointment Today: 091 844045 | www.oharasolicitors.com
Yesterday, while I was at work, my cousin stole my apple ipad and tested to see if it can survive a 40 foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation. My apple ipad is now broken and she has 83 views. I know this is entirely off topic but I had to share it with someone!
Fantastic items from you, man. I’ve consider your stuff previous to and you are just extremely magnificent. I actually like what you have acquired here, certainly like what you are saying and the best way by which you assert it. You make it entertaining and you continue to care for to stay it smart. I can not wait to learn far more from you. That is actually a wonderful web site.
I simply want to mention I’m new to blogging and seriously enjoyed you’re web page. Probably I’m likely to bookmark your blog post . You amazingly have perfect posts. Regards for sharing with us your website page.
I simply want to mention I’m very new to blogs and absolutely enjoyed you’re web page. Almost certainly I’m planning to bookmark your website . You absolutely have really good articles and reviews. Bless you for revealing your blog.
Real nice pattern and good subject material , nothing else we want : D.
Today, I went to the beach front with my children. I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said “You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear.” She placed the shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear. She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is completely off topic but I had to tell someone!
An interesting discussion is price comment. I think that it is best to write extra on this topic, it might not be a taboo subject but typically individuals are not sufficient to speak on such topics. To the next. Cheers
I really appreciate this post. I have been looking everywhere for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You have made my day! Thx again!
Of course, what a splendid site and enlightening posts, I will bookmark your site.All the Best!